We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations?

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations?

Thinking of going to Florida at Thanksgiving - is this a good time to visit? We'd like warm weather so we can still go to the pool / beach. We're not huge fans of theme parks - would like something more low-key than that. Our children are 12 and 9. Could someone recommend some resorts to start looking at? Thanks for any advice.

Wigan
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations?

We have been fortunate enough to be in Florida at Thanks Giving for the last 2 years. The people are so friendly and always involve us in their celebrations. I would start to look at some of the areas along the Gulf Coast. We have had a holiday home in Venice for just over 12 months and find it is a great location for being close to beaches, the town, shops and even out door music concerts. It is also a good base for travelling along the coast and sightseeing. Sarasota (approx 30 mins from Venice) is really nice with excellent beaches and lots of 'arty' things going on. St Armands Circle is a nice day out, good restaurants, shops and quite often some kind of event happening.

The weather is usually very pleasant in November - not too hot. We spend a lot of time in the pool (although heated) and also in the sea - a little cool, but no colder than Blackpool in summer!!!

Good luck with your research - pm me if I can offer any further info -I am sure you will enjoy Florida at Thanksgiving time.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations?

We spend Thanksgiving on Marco Island. It is very family friendly. My kids really love it there. You can shell on the beach, fish from the beach or piers, kayak, parasail, take a jet ski tour, go charter fishing, rent a boat or just relax on the beach or at the pool. There is fine dining or casual dining options. The island has a large beach (4 mile stretch) that is great to walk or run for exercise. The biking on the island is great too. We cannot think of a better place to vacation.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations?

Thanks for your suggestions - gives me something to start thinking about. Planning a trip is almost as much fun as the trip itself!

4. Re: Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2010, 05:19