We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestion-girls weekend in March-avoid spring break!!

Phila, PA
Level Contributor
175 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Need suggestion-girls weekend in March-avoid spring break!!

I will be meeting 6 friends in Florida for a Girls weekend in early March. We are traveling from several cities and want to go as far south as we can to maximize our chance of good weather. We're looking for a nice resort area/complex that will have as few spring break visitors as possible. This was the only weekend we could all do, but we're in our 40's and interested in nice restaurants, a little nightlife, nice beach, etc. but not the spring break scene.

Any good ideas from someone who knows Florida better than we do?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,413 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suggestion-girls weekend in March-avoid spring break!!

I am going to bump this post as I thought you would already have some responses. Gulf coast is sounding like the best area for your group. Key West would be pretty good but not the greatest for beaches. Ft. Lauderdale would normally be my choice but spring break can be hectic there. So gulf coast is probably your best bet.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,974 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suggestion-girls weekend in March-avoid spring break!!

I suggest Naples. It is upscale so more expensive than most spring breakers want to spend.

Sanibel and Captiva Islands might suit you as well, but I don't think there is much nightlife to speak of.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need suggestion-girls weekend in March-avoid spring break!!

Naples is beautiful and I agree as it is higher end the Spring Breakers should be minimal. There are a multitude of wonderful resorts there, good shopping and good restaurants. Another option, further north is Sarasota although Siesta Key will be teaming with kids I would imagine. I certainly would stick to the Gulf coast.

4. Re: Need suggestion-girls weekend in March-avoid spring break!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2011, 06:42