We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wdw deluxe resorts worth spending 1000 bucks more over mode?

Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wdw deluxe resorts worth spending 1000 bucks more over mode?

Hi traveling with two seven year olds to disney for a week in june

Have a booking at beach club but can get Port orleans french quarter for 900 4 less for six nights .

wondering if beach club is worth spending additional money for seeing the heat at that time !

ALSO which resort will be more convenient in terms of travel times to parks !

thanks for the help !

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,976 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wdw deluxe resorts worth spending 1000 bucks more over mode?

First of all, how much time will you spend in your resort and pool? If you are going to be in the parks all the time, it may not be worth the money. But if you will swim each day, the Beach club pool is like a mini waterpark and June is hot.

The beach club is walking distance to Epcot and DHS. The POFQ has a boat service to DTD and buses to all the parks.

How would you spend that $900? It is an awful ot of money and I would say if not spending too much time in your resort i'd take the cash and stay at POFQ.

Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wdw deluxe resorts worth spending 1000 bucks more over mode?

thanx Amanx !!

we will try and max our time in the parks but not sure how much the kids will be able to take in a day ! In case they are tired will like to be able to head back to the resort .

So difficult to answer how much time we will be in the resort !! first time for kids in disney !

Was wondering if POFQ is easy to get back to midday !!

Oh need to take a call soon !!!!!

Also we are headed to New orleans right after so ...... ! unfortunately conorado springs is sold out for my dates .

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wdw deluxe resorts worth spending 1000 bucks more over mode?

We stayed at PO and it is VERY nice. There is a disney bus stop, restaurant, and nice pool at it. $900 is alot of money-personally, I'd save the $ and stay at PO.

And, we've been to New Orleans. This resort is much prettier than anything we saw in New Orleans.

Edited: 15 March 2011, 19:30
4. Re: Wdw deluxe resorts worth spending 1000 bucks more over mode?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 04:16