We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffalo to Orlando-79,77-recommendation for an overnight...

Toronto
Level Contributor
923 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Buffalo to Orlando-79,77-recommendation for an overnight...

Leaving on Saturday to drive to Orlando in 2 days..I know we are nuts but...can you recommend a suitable half way point..hotel off the interstate..

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffalo to Orlando-79,77-recommendation for an overnight...

You should estimate in which city/state you will be stopping then go to www.roomsaver.com and check rates for that area. Just about any of the hotel chains will be okay. Pick one to suit your pocket.

As you cross into each state, stop at the Welcome Center and pick up the hotel discount booklets. There is one with a green cover (roomsaver.com) and one with a red cover (www.travelcoupons.com). The rates in these are "walkup" rates only. But at this time of year you should have no trouble finding a room at an hotel off the Interstate.

I just did a quick route plan on MS Streets & Trips. The distance from TO to Orlando came out to be 1286 miles and two stops. First stop was in W.Virginia at the intersection of Hwy 77 and Hwy 64. No hotels show up in this area - strange. Better to stop a little before at Hwy 77 and Hwy 3 (about 6 miles before Hwy 64) where there are Holiday Inn, Hampton, Microtel, Comfort Inn, Howard J, if the map is correct.

Second stop was near Brunswick, GA, just north of Jacksonville, FL. Lots of hotels at the instersection of I-95 and Hwy 25 - take your pick.

Have a safe trip.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffalo to Orlando-79,77-recommendation for an overnight...

My family drove from delaware to Orlando, our half way point was in Lumberton North Carolina. This located on I-95. 8 hours from Philadelphia. 8 hours from Lumberton to Orlando give or take some rest stop breaks. It took us quite longer because of traffic congestion in the northern part of Virginia on our way to Florida. On my way back from Orlando I did not stay at a hotel because we made good timing by leaving early in the morning. I stopped at several rest stops.

Toronto
Level Contributor
923 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffalo to Orlando-79,77-recommendation for an overnight...

Wow, thanks for your help. We actually live oue hour north west of Buffalo in Ontario. A 12 hour mapquest takes us to Charlotte, NC...I think 10 hours takes us to Beckley, WV..so I will do that roomsavers site today..Thanks, again..I guess it just depends on the weather. I figure once I get to NC I should be okay?

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffalo to Orlando-79,77-recommendation for an overnight...

Ah .... I didn't see that you said Buffalo to Orlando. In that case then you should be able to do it with one stop. When you cross into NC, be sure to pick up the two hotel discount books at the Welcome Center. I believe the NC one also covers SC and Tennessee - anyway you will see.