We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando v Sanford Airport

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando v Sanford Airport

pro and cons please .of which airport to use

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando v Sanford Airport

Sanford is much smaller and much quicker to navigate. But it is further away from Disney and Universal and many of the places where visitors stay.

Personally if I had a choice I would use Sanford.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,634 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando v Sanford Airport

MCO is closer and better IMHO.

and more car companies so perhaps better prices?

but, the real difference is, if coming from the UK, is if you want a sat to sat- 2 week exact trip, and if you like charter airlines. Sanford has them, with MCO you hve other options?

Like a 9 day trip starting on a thursday? and combo really. And a choice of tranfers (at a much cheaper price) from car to bus to Disney Magic Express, to taxi.

In any case, I think this is an Orlando forum question.

Edited: 24 May 2011, 21:34
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando v Sanford Airport

I hadn't thought of Sanford before but we can get an upgrade on flight with a price Thurs for 14 nights £699 whereas 16 nights schedule with upgrade is £1085 a lot of difference for the sake of losing a couple of days when there is more than one of you

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,634 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando v Sanford Airport

I think your proiblem is comparing an 'upgrade' with scheduled and charter. And many ouwld sya shcelduled is better vale, but in your case for that much extra not so sure.

Maybe speak to someone who has flpwn BA's WT+ and a charter premium economy to compare?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando v Sanford Airport

as long as we have the seat room we arent too bothered about eating as I think we travel better without eatign as such We just need to be comfortable. Have flown to NY and El PAso on upgrades and far too long ago to remember what airline it was. Also back from St Lucia but again I didnt take a lot of notice

6. Re: Orlando v Sanford Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 07:16