We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Villages, Florida

Manchester, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Villages, Florida

I am looking for information on the Villages in florida. Has anyone been? My parents are considering a month there in May. What is the weather like at that time of year? what is the entertainment like? what are the costs for this. What are the golf facilities like? do they have to pay more for the 18 hole courses? and the best way of getting around the Villages themselves? Are there any trips available from there to theme parks and other attractions?

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Villages, Florida

I have only been there twice so I'm not too versed, but here is what I have heard. It is a 55 and older community ( and the 2 soon to be 3 "villiages" are really neat center city hubs) shops, restaraunts and outdoor stages --free entertainment, pay for inside shows. most people get arround by golf cart and one may be included with your rental. I do not know what fees for outsiders are but residence have low golf fees, but have a $15,000 ? bond they have to pay to be a resident. Try the web at www.thevillages.com