We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel or Siesta Key

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Sanibel or Siesta Key

The pros and cons please

swansea
Level Contributor
445 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanibel or Siesta Key

Hi,we have visited Siesta key around 16yrs ago,stayed in a small,but very nice "cottage type" rental,fantastic beach,sugar type sand ,lots of restaurants of all types and prices,really enjoyed,would we go again,?doubt it ,nothing wrong ,but so many places left to see,as for Sanibel,been 4 times ,so far,would we go again,absolutely ,fantastic beaches,great village type vibe,no high rise buildings,loads of nature,also connects to Captiva which is great also.

Depending on your age ,if young ,[ish] maybe then Siesta key is a little more suited,as for Sanibell i believe there is enough to do and see to keep every one happy,if you want any more help just ask,i am sure there are many local experts that can be a lot more specific

fishman,Swansea

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,980 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanibel or Siesta Key

I far prefer the beach at SK, but Sanibel is wonderful and has a nice small village Vibe.

If you really like Shelling, choose Sanibel. If you really want fine white powder sand and sunsets, choose SK. Both places are pretty fantastic IMHO.

AMI is closer in atmosphere to Sanibel than SK is I feel.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanibel or Siesta Key

Thank you yet again

4. Re: Sanibel or Siesta Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 20:18