We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK to US entry requirements

London, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
UK to US entry requirements

We are travelling to Florida from the UK and I have registered and had e-mail confirmation of our ESTA numbers. But is that it?? Do we now just fly in clutching our passports and hope that they don't say where is your "whatever" document? Call me paranoid, but It seems a long way to go and an awful lot of money if they refuse us entry. Can't just nip back to the house to get something.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: UK to US entry requirements

You'll also need to complete the API data (advanced passenger information) before you can travel. With most airlines you fill this in online on the airlines web site ahead of time but I once had to fill in a paper form at airport check in (that was flying with United a good few years back.)

Technically you should not need to carry your ESTA but I like to have a print out of mine just in case their systems malfunction.

At check in or on the plane, you will get a customs declaration form that you need to compete (one per family) before you land.

Have fun.

London, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK to US entry requirements

Thanks for that.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: UK to US entry requirements

If you used the official site, you do NOT get approval via email, but directly after you finish the procedure. If you paid more than 14 dollars you more than likely did not use the correct site.

London, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK to US entry requirements

Thanks for that. It would explain why I can't find the approval e-mail. It was the official site I used and I remember getting the approval and made a note of the numbers for us all, but now I can't find written confirmation anywhere. Am I right that I don't need it then or should I request something from them?

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: UK to US entry requirements

Find your application here and print off the page using the print icon on the page and not the print function of the browser.

https:/…

northampton
Level Contributor
87 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UK to US entry requirements

i was thinking of going to florida with my family and i have been told my husband will be refused admission because he has got a criminal record from when he was yooung is this correct

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: UK to US entry requirements

With a criminal record he should try to get a visa to travel to the USA.

8. Re: UK to US entry requirements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 10:21