We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

Walsall
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

Hi there

We are hoping to go to Florida August 2013. When is the best time to book flights from UK, and with which airline?

We are planning to have two weeks in Orlando followed by 3-4 nights relaxing at a beach/hotel afterwards - any recommendations would be really appreciated.

At the time we go our children will be 14 and 10.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,853 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

Flights for major airliones (ie non charter into the closer airprot MCO) will be available for booking 11 months prior. Packages can be booked earlier (but I am no fan).

But really you need to first find your way to the right forum- ie Orlando or DW forums.

Edited: 21 August 2011, 15:39
Walsall
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

Thanks!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

Try the website www.thedibb.co.uk It is a very helpful Disney Information Bulletin Board but they are helpful with anything Orlando related.

Dunstable, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

hi we book as early as we can. we went with monarch this year on a flight only £489.00

and flew into Sanford airport. Much better then MCO. hired a car and drove to kissimmee. 45mins. Less seating width then virgin etc.£150 cheaper though. can think of better things to spend £150 on other then another 3inches of bum space. we booked a villa as there was 6 of us. better then a hotel. you could leave it until last minute in the hope flights go down,risky if you are travelling in a group.

villas are on holiday lettings website. ours cost £400 for the week in old town kissimee.

i personally would book as early as possible.

hope this helps a little.

Newport, Wales...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

we are going for 5 weeks in 2013 july aug time. 11 months prior gor a flight only deal, but bear in mind most of these want the full payment at time of booking. cheaper ways of flying can be split flights, but you obviously need to get off one flight and onto another for this, which doesn't bother me, but other people can find it a pain. My kids wont eat airoplane food so it suits us. my best advice is to shop around alpha rooms is good for cheap hotels and netflights.com for your flight. also 2013 disney and universal tickets can be bought now.

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

Hi flights come out late august been going to orlando for last 7 years ,just back kids are now 15 and 11,recommond you stay at double tree at seaworld hotel,ideal location great for families free fast passes to sea world, we go for 3 weeks,fly out of manchester with virgin,this year we went to maimi 3.5 hours from orlando not to bad,if you want a beach holiday as part of your vacation i recommend go for 3 weeks half way through holiday go to fort lauredale for 2 /3 days this way you can also visit maimi.You can buy combo park tickets which if used correctly give you park cover for full 21days,you get a ticket for sea world aquatica and bush gardens,for wet and wild universal and island oif adventiure this is on a seperate ticket,key is make sure you dont acctivate the second ticket till day 8

Honestly double tree is the best hotel for price,dont what ever you do stay down near wet and wild ,to be honest from the big mcdonald on sand lake down its like blackpool cheap hotels etc.

Edited: 31 July 2012, 22:26
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

hi,

I just booked my first trip to Florida in April 2013, flying from Manchester using Thomas Cook flight I paid £525 each for the week through travel republic, I thought that was a very good price, hotel is 3 stars, I did think about leaving it but as I was expecting to pay a lot more than I I took the risk that the prices won't reduce too much, I didn't want to miss out on the plane seats, hotels I guess aren't a problem though.

Yes I said only one week to Florida, because it's our honeymoon and we have a young daugther who we chose not to take with us for a number of reasons.

Can anyone tell me is April a good time to visit Florida? how busy it is? weather still fine? any risk of major thunderstorms or hurriances? also do you get nasty insects in Florida, my future wife wants to know :-)?

Oh and also does anyone know where I can book only 1 day passes to attractions? I don't want to pay for 4 days when I won't use them as we will be doing flying 1 day trips round as many as possible.

I expect I'll be so impressed I'll be back again with my daughter.

Thanks

Edited: 26 August 2012, 19:29
Barton upon Humber...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

Orlando international airport is a far better airport. Sanford is a shed compared to it. Orlando airport is much closer to international drive area. Only virgin and B.A. fly to Orlando airport. I've been 7 times and would use Orlando as a first choice.

Broadstairs, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

We are also going to Orlando next August, and are looking around at the moment to book. Try Ocean Florida as they do have some good deals and at the moment, are doing a £50pp deposit - flights with Virgin. We flew into Sanford airport last year; Orlando this - both have plus and minus points - just personal preference - I wouldn't say one was fantastically better than the other (and we were more impressed with Sanford's duty free!) We have stayed in several hotels on International Drive - this year we stayed at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando which is at the quieter end of Internatioinal Drive. It is not a 5* hotel - doesn't charge 5* prices but is excellent value for money and we have stayed there 3 times and never had any complaints. St. Pete's beach or Clearwater are great for a few days chillilng out after a hectic fortnight in Orlando - please be aware that the American schools are still on vacation until the middle of August which makes the parks extremely busy and adds many hours on to the waiting time for rides (e.g. we queued 2.5 hours to get on the Harry Potter ride when we went in July!) ..

UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best time to book holiday to Florida 2013?

I usually book flights through Virgin in January sales of the year I'm travelling and have always paid between 490.00 and 560.00 per adult return, this is for travel in October - November or May - June (these are currently coming in at £560.00 per adult now for 27th May next year). My family and I usually spend three weeks out there and book everything seperate. Best prices I have had for apts or townhouses come in at around £695 - £800 for 14 nights cheapest being Cane Island 3 bed apt in Kissimmee, mid price being townhouse Paradise Palms just off Highway 192 and dearest being Blue Heron in LBV all very nice and within easy access to all attractions, chec out Travel republic and Golden Florida for these prices. You will pay more on the coast and I would recommend the Gulf Coast (warmer sea temps) Clearwater - St Petes beach will average out at about £600 - £800 for the final week in a three/four star apt or hotel (beachfront) but it is cheaper to travel a little further south on this coast to Fort Meyers beach as this is slightly cheaper for apts. I always bok the car seperate and pay about £600.00 for three weeks fully insured and get a GMC surburban 8 seater SUV for that as I need the larger vehicle for the family, you can get cheaper around 450.00 for a standard SUV, search Orlando hire cars and get best price from these sites. Hope this helps as I have just priced a two week trip for May - June 2013 myself 14 nights this time for £3129.00 for two adults and three children (all at paying age on airline).