We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I-4 restaurants

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
I-4 restaurants

Our flight gets in to Tampa about 6 PM and we are driving to Ormond Beach that evening. Where do you recomend we stop near I-4 for seafood? Any price range, but I would like to avoid large chains.

Thanks!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I-4 restaurants

Anyone?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I-4 restaurants

There is not too much along I-4 between Tampa and Orlando. Maybe in the Kissimmee area, just before Orlando, but it is mostly chains around the Disney/Kissimmee area.

Edited: 15 November 2011, 19:37
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,918 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I-4 restaurants

Well, Sandlake road/Dr Phillips blvd is just west off I4 in the parks/orlando area, and you can find Bonefish grill which is good even if a chain. Jonnie's Hideaway in Crossroads shopping center off exit 68 south of there in Lake Buena vista would be a choice too.

But it will be 7:30+ by the time you get to these areas so I would stop somewhere near there. If you want to save money and those are too pricy for you I would eat late at the beach, or save your seafood eating for when you get to Ormond later in your stay?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,064 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I-4 restaurants

Maybe the Colonnade in Tampa on Bayshore Blvd. It is a few miles off I-275.

http://www.thenade.com/

I can't think of anything else from Tampa to the Kissimmee area (and I am not familiar with I-4 past Kissimmee)

Edited: 15 November 2011, 23:25
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,064 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I-4 restaurants

I was thinking maybe you might want to sample a different cuisine, because Ybor City is just off I-4 in Tampa. Ybor City is known for its Cuban/Spanish influences.

Check out the Columbia (http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/) which is probably the most famous and well known restaurant in Ybor City.

Do a google search of "restaurants in Ybor City" to see all the options.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,918 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I-4 restaurants

There is also a Columbia in Celebration and exit or two before the exit 68 I mentionned.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,651 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I-4 restaurants

There is a New Orleans style seafood place in Lakeland called Harry's- but it is a distance south of the exit ,as I-4 veers north as it approaches Lakeland

www.hookedonharrys.com/page/28-4172.htm

8. Re: I-4 restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2012, 10:25