We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in March 2012 for Harry Potter!

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1 day in March 2012 for Harry Potter!

We are going to Clearwater, Florida, for Spring Break next month. We have one girl that is 9 years old and a HUGE Harry Potter fan! We want to drive up to Orlando the night before, spend a full day at the park the following day, and return home that evening. So, we need accommodations for one night. Do we need to stay at a "Universal" hotel in order to receive the perks of early admission? Or does any know if early admission could be purchased through AAA? Also, where would you recommend staying? I've seen several people post that The Hard Rock Hotel is great because of the park perks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in March 2012 for Harry Potter!

Perks for early admission are usually only for those staying at Universal hotels, if I am not mistaken. I stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort and it was fantastic. Walking distance to the parks. Beautiful hotel. Great staff. Really cannot complain about anything.

Also remember that the park will be PACKED due to Spring Break. Be prepared to wait in some lines, especially at Harry Potter. My advise would be to hit the rides that are most important to you first, otherwise you might miss out. Plus get there early and stay late to really take advantage of the place.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,246 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day in March 2012 for Harry Potter!

For the most advice on this subject, look at the orlando forum.

and yes, early entry os for Universalresort guests apart from some UK tour operators (Virgin Holidays) who get early admission for their guests.

3. Re: 1 day in March 2012 for Harry Potter!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:18