We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some advice on where to stay on the west coast

Norway
8 posts
Save Topic
Need some advice on where to stay on the west coast

Hi everyone. I am looking for some advice on where to stay on our westcoast holiday in Florida.

I am (a women) travelling alone with my two girls (5 and 8 years old)

We arrive in Miami june 11. We´re driving to Orlando after a night in Ft. Lauderdale area. We have rented a house in Orlando from june 12 to 18.

Then we want a beach vacation. Trying to decide where to stay. I started with Naples area, then Ft.Myers and now I´m thinking of Sarasota/Bradenton area.

We would like to rent a home for a week.

We want a place not far from beautiful beaches, kid friendly area, a sort of quiet place. But we also would like some shopping nearby.

Should we try to find a place on the beach or is it better to stay a little "outside" ?

We are not afraid of a little bit of driving, but we want to use this week to relaxe and have a good time.

After this week we´re driving all the way to Colorado.

We are going to enjoy 5 weeks of the wonderful USA.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some advice on where to stay on the west coast

Off the Sarasota area are barrier islands which are where the visitors stay. Read the forums for those islands to get an idea of where to stay: Lido Key, Longboat Key and Siesta Key. Either of those places will be suitable.

Norway
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some advice on where to stay on the west coast

Thank you:) I've already done that.. Many times:) But I don't seem to be any closer to a final desition. I guess I probably can't go wrong, as there seem to be so many great places. I will keep looking and reading:)

Any more advices are much appreciated:)

By the way, I love palms, white sand, clear blue water, and an excotic, relaxed feeling.

Norway
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some advice on where to stay on the west coast

Any help would be much appreciated:)

Edited: 23 February 2012, 09:57
Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some advice on where to stay on the west coast

Hi butterflies -

I would suggest Marco Island - beautiful beaches and lots of properties available for rental. Check the Marco Island forum for more info - very family friendly / kid friendly island.

Norway
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some advice on where to stay on the west coast

Thanks so much:)

I will go read about Marco Island.

It sounds like a wonderful place.

6. Re: Need some advice on where to stay on the west coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:43