We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break 2013

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
76 reviews
Spring Break 2013

Hi All,

Thinking of possibly going to St Pete's or Clearwater at the end of April 2013 - anyone know if Spring break will be over by then please? tried to google it and it appears it's in March but thought best to check.

Thanks a lot

Sarah

Miami Combo Tour: City Sightseeing...
889 Reviews
from US$67.99*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
400 Reviews
from US$49.99*
US$75.00
Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
176 Reviews
from US$38.00*
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,616 posts
112 reviews
1. Re: Spring Break 2013

It depends. Spring break has different dates for different schools. Primary and Secondary local schools usually get out the week before Easter. Colleges vary from state to state and start in early March until early May. There is not set week that everyone is on break at the same time. St. Pete and Clearwater are not a college kids spring break destination but would be more of a family destination. Look to see when Easter is, thats when it will most likely be the busiest.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Spring Break 2013

Thanks for that - it's many years since I was in Florida and then it was in the autumn so I wasn't sure if end of April begining of May would clash!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,616 posts
112 reviews
3. Re: Spring Break 2013

You should be fine then. Most schools will have done their break and the regular schools are not out for the summer yet (they seem to get out earlier every year). Weekends may get a little busy as the weather gets better locals may hit the beaches too. Enjoy

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Spring Break 2013

Busiest part of it here is over for this year. March is busiest, by end of April, you should have no problem...

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
76 reviews
5. Re: Spring Break 2013

Thanks everyone - that's reassuring!

Saugus, MA
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Spring Break 2013

Hi Sarahms,

My reply is a little late, but I was just starting to research a time share exchange trip to the Florida Panhandle for spring 2013 and had the same question. I Googled Spring Break 2013 and found a web site that lists dozens of schools' spring break dates. It is www.inertiatours.com. Hope it's helpful.

Torpoint
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Spring Break 2013

Ive booked to go to Orlando from 7th - 15th March 2013. Now just seen the above posts for Spring Break.

Am I going to have problems??

help please

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,616 posts
112 reviews
8. Re: Spring Break 2013

Barry, it may be a little crowded in Orlando but that is more of a family spring break destination not the rowdy college crowd. The end of March usually the week before and the week after Easter is also more crowded as secondary schools are out then and many families visit the parks then.

East Elmhurst, New...
1 post
9. Re: Spring Break 2013

Where is the best part of Florida to go on Spring Break where there are a lot of parties. And when is the best time to go in 2013? THanks in advance!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,616 posts
112 reviews
10. Re: Spring Break 2013

Marisela, welcome to the trip advisor forums. I wanted to let you know you should post your questions on a new thread of your own. As this one was actually started a year ago. As far as your question goes. look at the Panama City, Daytona Beach and Ft. Lauderdale forums as some of the more popular spring break destinations.