We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando to Miami

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando to Miami

I am planning a week long trip starting in Florida. Theme parking for 4 days followed by a drive to Miami and staying 3 nights there (flying out of Miami to go home).

Any sites/attractions/shops you recommend visiting during the drive to Miami? Or is it best just to get the 4 hours over and done with!

Thank you!

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando to Miami

First I must ask, what are you intersted in? (i.e. shopping, culture, dining, drinking, music, etc.) Second, how are you coming down this way (i.e. turnpike or 95 or do you have no preference)?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando to Miami

Travelling with my bf - both 25.

Love adventurous things, beaches, shopping, culture, dining...up for just about anything! We haven't decided which route to take to Miami only know that we want to go!

This wil likely be our only trip to Florida for the next few years.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,552 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando to Miami

{Personally I would say, given your timescale, get it over and done with - 4 hours on the turnpike.

If you had longer- say many weeks, I would say visit some of the beach towns and areas on the way. But given the Ft L, Miami beach and even upper keys areas like Largo have beaches I would say just get there quickly so you can settle in your new 3 night base and get some beach time in before the fun of the nights.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando to Miami

Amanx does bring up a good point. However, if youre like us and live by the motto "sleep when youre dead," then you can prob afford to jump to a place or two. Personally, Morikami Gardens is very pretty to go see. Atlantic Avenue in Delray has some great restaurants and bars. If you plan to stay all 3 days in Miami, perhaps stop in Ft Lauderdale for a little bit, take an airboat ride through the Everglades.

There are really a lot of things to see. From Miami, the furthest place out I listed is probably about 1.5 hours out, at most. There are a lot of things to do/see in Miami as well, so dont think that your 3 days will get boring. not sure when you are planning your trip for but do note that right now its starting to get hotter and humid, so plan accordingly.

5. Re: Orlando to Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 10:22