We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siesta Key surprise condo!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
93 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Siesta Key surprise condo!

We were traveling to SK area to take our son to college and on the drive on Interstate 75 I decided to call the SK Chamber of Commerce to see if they knew of any last minute lodging available on or near the beach for 4 nights. This was July 26th so I figured we were out of luck.

They gave me 4 or 5 options which I called and several either didn't have the length of stay available or weren't to our liking. One caught our attention though--the Gumbo-Limbo! We booked it and arrived within several hours and had a great stay! (I think they may have had a cancellation--so I'm not sure you could book it last minute in the future). It is across the street from the beach, maybe a 2 minute walk and it had its own outdoor pool (no hot tub).

We reserved the Honeymoon suite which had a king bedroom and full bath upstairs and a full pullout couch (not very comfortable though) downstairs in the main room. Also a full bath downstairs and a small balcony on each floor--top one could see a small portion of ocean in the distance. It also had a full size washer/dryer on the main floor (we didn't use it). The kitchen was small but fine for us--3 adults. This place is a stand alone type house with 2 or 3 other units in it that all share the pool area. The only negative was that when we arrived we were greeted by a foul rotting smell of garbage cans that are parked under the steps that lead up to the 2nd floor entry to the unit. It REALLY was BAD and we had to hold our noses! The temps had been in the 90's for some time and Virginia told me the garbage wasn't going to get picked up until 4 days later--the day we were leaving!!! She said she would try and get a hold of the gardener to see what he could do--but nothing ever changed. My husband did move one of the overflowing cans to an area off the driveway away from the steps and that helped but we had no where to move them all--nor should we have had to! Other than that it was a great experience and we would stay there again. Virginia was very nice and it suited our needs. It was $210.00/ night with an additional cleaning fee of $88.00 I think. Also 2 days after we left it went into "low season" and the price went down $50.00 night.

Mentioned in this post
Gumbo Limbo
Gumbo Limbo
510 Reviews
Naples, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,231 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siesta Key surprise condo!

Try posting this in the Siesta Key Forum ;-)

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Siesta Key surprise condo!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 19:15