We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning an anniversay vacations for my wife and I

5 posts
Save Topic
Need help planning an anniversay vacations for my wife and I

As always any help is greatly appreciated and thank you for your time.

My wife and I will be in florida the first week of October. We will start the trip in and or around Tampa for our first night and day. We will then drive across to Orlando where we will spend 3 nights 3 days in and around Orlando. After Orlando we will drive south on the east coast ending up in Key West for the remainder of our trip and then fly out of Fort Laurederdale.

I am hoping to make our trip as memorable as possible and need any help with the following. Please keep in mind when making suggestions that we do not mind traveling. Traveling for us is part of the adventure. We do not set plans and will let the wind take us as it may for most of this trip.

Activities we would like to do while in florida

Surf

Swim w/ the manatees

Take an airboat tour (swampland)

Local night life and or eateries

Cuisine we would like to experience (we like non-commercialized places. Places typically the locals only know about)

Best places for Cuban food

Best places for fresh seafood

Must eat places along our Journey

Romantic spots for dinner, a walk or just for the view

Finally an spots in South Florida that are must sees. Any coast towns that are a must to experience and any activities that I have not previously mentioned that are absolute must does.

Once again thank you for any and all help.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning an anniversay vacations for my wife and I

Swimming with the manatees- you can visit Homosassa Manatee state park,

in Homosassa, FL.

Also, Crystal River, FL is famous for it's manatee swims. Kings Bay is the big body of water and it is fed with hot springs. (manatees need warm water in the cold months) so they gather here. Three Sisters Spring is the best place in Kings bay. You will see lot more manatees in the winter months when they come in from the ocean to get the warm water. In Oct. there will be less there.

Crystal River is about 80 miles north of Tampa, on the gulf coast.

www.birdsunderwatertours.com

Edited: 13 September 2012, 22:44
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help planning an anniversay vacations for my wife and I

try this

www.birdsunderwater.com

There are many more tour groups, I just remember this name.

3. Re: Need help planning an anniversay vacations for my wife and I

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2013, 10:16