We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FLL to Florida City without tolls

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
567 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
FLL to Florida City without tolls

We're going directly from FLL to Florida City for the first two days of an 8 day trip. As this is the only time a toll road would impact our trip, we don't want to have to pay the rental car company for 8 days of a toll transponder. So we need the best route that avoids tolls, leaving about 10:30 Monday morning, and returning to the airport (to pick up someone), about the same time Wednesday morn.

Thanks.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,313 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: FLL to Florida City without tolls

Look at a map and verify these directions. From FLL airport take 595 west and get off on 27 south. Next take 997 off 27 all the way to Florida City.

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
567 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FLL to Florida City without tolls

Thanks for your reply.

Google maps has 3 routes indicated, and I'm really trying to get info from locals on which would be the preferred route based on usual traffic patterns, delays, etc at that time of the morning. I figure I could give better routes than Google for certain routes at certain times in the East Bay and I'm hoping someone in southern Fla can do the same, if in fact there is any difference in the different routes.

3. Re: FLL to Florida City without tolls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2013, 05:16