We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any special foods

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,363 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
any special foods

If you were coming west from Mobile on I.10, I would tell you to try a fried pie.

BUT now i am going east and south to Venice....any thing special?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any special foods

Cuban food / Cuban sandwich in or near Tampa. Brocato's Sandwich Shop is not toooo far from I-75 & I-4 in Tampa.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,363 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any special foods

Thanks Markbee..got Brocato and Columbia on my list. Apparently there is a great food truck too for a Cuban. I used to eat a lot of food in Tampa when I was a lifguard at Davis Island and loved it..in a previous century!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any special foods

South Florida also seems to specialize in Gator tail and Key Lime Pie. Sorry can't give you a specific restaurant in the Venice area. Also at this time of year Stone Crab will be available which is one of my favorites.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,363 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any special foods

I love stone crab but have come to really love the much cheaper jonah crab!!

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,983 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any special foods

Apalachicola oysters?

There was an article in the Orlando Sentinel about the very bad harvest for stone crab this year. Apparently there are a large number of squid preying on the traps.

They can feed the squid to me. I like calamari.

6. Re: any special foods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 05:16