We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida May/June 2014?

UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Florida May/June 2014?

I am looking to go to Florida in May/June 2014 and am cautious as I have heard tales of people being stuck in Hurracaines etc. It is the cheapest time to fly from the UK by far, I've managed to find a holiday for £600pp including flights!

Any advice?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida May/June 2014?

Hi Chloe,

Welcome to the forums.

The Support Forum is for assistance in using the site and its features. In case you don't know, there are many destination and Beyond Destination (not specific to one destination) forums. You should ask your question on the Florida Forum where members are knowledgeable about that destination (note, you can also see the links to the sub-forums on the left hand side within the list of threads).

Florida Forum

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g28930-i18-Florida.…

To find a destination forum, you can enter the name of the city and the word "forum" in the search box top right (above the green bar): e.g. Paris Forum. To find a list of the forums, type forum in the box and you'll see a link to all of the forums including the Beyond Destination forums.

Have a good trip.

L4

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida May/June 2014?

Hi Chloe1989,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question on the TripAdvisor Support Forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Florida forums. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Jane's Cafe
Jane's Cafe
824 Reviews
Naples, FL
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,268 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida May/June 2014?

While June is the start of the hurricane season you have to be very unlucky to have one come ashore in Florida in that month.

You said the price includes flights ... into what city is the flight and does it include a place to stay, if so, where?

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
new jersey
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida May/June 2014?

Did you mean 2013? 2014 is a long way off. May weather is still very nice and hurricanes normally don't occur till well into summer.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,237 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida May/June 2014?

you won't have a hurricane in May, but we did have Tropical storm Debbie last June and she was pretty strong

Are you talking a Disney holiday? If so, you will be fine but should post on the Orlando forum..

But do know that after the first week of June, things get busy as the US schools are out so May/early June are better. And it will be hot.

UK people tend to plan their holidays further out than americans.

Edited: 26 April 2013, 23:12
Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Destin, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida May/June 2014?

Destin is one of the most beautiful places to visit the water is clear blue green with white sugar sand...we don't usually have high precipitation in June and July is extremely hot almost to hot...Our area is a piece of heaven and June would be perfect... Destin FL

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
183 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida May/June 2014?

June won't be that bad... Typically the hurricanes are in July and August.

Just expect lots of afternoon rain showers typically around 4pm.

If you travel to Orlando - you are in the center of the state which is always good just in case there is a hurricane. But the last major ones where back in 2004...

Hope this helps...

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Liverpool, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Florida May/June 2014?

Hi I've been many times over the years to floriday in June it's been fine nice weather had one evening of bad rain and windy but passed no problem I am going to florida again June this year with my two little kids so don't worry even the parks are not as busy in June .

9. Re: Florida May/June 2014?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 07:17