We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House rental near beaches

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
House rental near beaches

We usually rent a house on Marco island and drive to Naples and Fort Myers for golf and shopping...which is time consuming. Most importantly we want to be within a five minute drive / walk to beaches because I walk every day on the beach. Curious what communities/cities would work. We are open to different areas in Florida and will be coming in February. We are looking to rent a house again - a four bedroom bungalow with a heated pool.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,431 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House rental near beaches

Sanibel, Captiva, Gasparilla Island, Manasota Key, Venice, Casey Key.

As for the 5 mins drive, if you can stand 10-15 you can consider mainland areas like Englewood/Rotonda and Bradenton which tend to be cheaper tha on island. My house is 13 mins to the closest beach. To me that is close enough, but it might not be for you.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House rental near beaches

Thanks for your help. I am starting to research the areas for house rentals for next February. Could you let me know what the beach parking situation is near Bradenton - is it possible to get a two week parking pass or do you have to pay daily?

Thanks so much.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House rental near beaches

Free parking on Anna Maria Island. No fee to cross bridge. Recommend heading out early, particularly on weekends. I am 6 miles from island. It's about 10 minutes, but can take 30 or more around noon.

4. Re: House rental near beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 07:16