We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel/resort for short mother/daughter getaway

Boston...
Level Contributor
131 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel/resort for short mother/daughter getaway

I'm looking for a hotel or resort wtih a gym and spa for a short (three day) getaway with my adult daughter.

we'd like to go in late April and not have to rent a car.

Any ideas

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,722 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel/resort for short mother/daughter getaway

I know you could find what you are looking for in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami and you would not need a car in either place. However they are both very large cities. For smaller cities check out the gulf coast, Clearwater, Siesta Key or Anna Maria Island may have what you need.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel/resort for short mother/daughter getaway

Sandpearl Resort, or the Hyatt on Clearwater Beach.

www.supershuttle.com or a cab from TPA. Walk to everything once on the beach - Restaurants, bars, shops, marina, the nightly sunset celebration is fun. www.sunsetsatpier60.com

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,523 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel/resort for short mother/daughter getaway

Anywhere from Clearwater to Pass a Grille has good public transportation. There is a bus that runs beachside through the whole area. Ft Myers Beach also has the beach trolley. The only problem with either would be the price of the airport transportation.

4. Re: Looking for hotel/resort for short mother/daughter getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 06:15