We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in october

hertford
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday in october

I'm thinking of a holiday to Miami and the keys in early October and knowing its still hurricane season is it sensible to still visit? Ill have about 10 days in total there, is the weather generally ok if there isn't a hurricane? It would it be more sensible to go to the west coast at this time of year?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,710 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in october

Temperature wise it is definitely okay to visit ... will be hot and might be still a little humid. As far as hurricanes though, it is way too far off to even guess for either East coast or West coast.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in october

I agree with Ahhah, no way to predict, however I would pick whichever place you want to visit, then have a backup plan in case there is a storm. Make sure you have hotel reservations than can be cancelled otherwise you could get stuck paying for something you can't use. We have been very fortunate for several years and have not had any hurricanes hit Florida recently. And storms can easily hit the gulf side of the state as well as the Keys. We used to vacation in the keys every September and only had 1 year that it rained several days but it was not due to a hurricane, it was just tropical weather.

3. Re: Holiday in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 07:16