We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit for beach fun

New Jersey
Level Contributor
99 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to visit for beach fun

I have a general question about Florida. Can you go to the beach all year round? I want to come visit next year but would like to enjoy the beach as well. I am looking at mostly the areas in between Mia and FLL. I also may take a trip to the keys not sure yet though. Just wondering if I came in the winter months Jan-March can I still enjoy the beach, or should I come another time?

I was in the Dominican Republic this past March and the water was a little chilly.

Please Advise

Thanks

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,733 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit for beach fun

It will be the same here. If you have a mild winter again then it will be warmer waters. If we have a cold winter you will want to wait until May or June for warm waters. FLL & Miami will definetly be warmer than elsewhere in Florida. For many that come from the north they think our weather is great in the winter and go swimming when us floridians won't even put a toe in the water. Its hard to predict what kind of winter we will have this year. Keep in mind rates for hotels, etc are higher until later March, then they start to drop a little.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to visit for beach fun

Miami Beach's water temperatures fall, on average, to 71 in January. For San Juan, PR, it's 77.

sercc.com/climateinfo/historical/coastal_wat…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
534 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to visit for beach fun

If you want to frolic on the beach,make sandcastles ,hunt for shells and take long walks along the beach or go fishing you can do that 12 months a year. if you actually want to get into the water and swim then water temperatures can be rather chilly from December to March, fortunately most hotels have heated pools

4. Re: Best time to visit for beach fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 06:16