We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami/Flordia End Of Year Trip?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Miami/Flordia End Of Year Trip?

hey guys I've been wanting to go to America for so long, I am a big basketball fan and would love to watch some nba games. Although i'm thinking of maybe just doing a short 2 week trip or something to start off with so i'm thinking of maybe just going directly to Miami for a week and a half to 2 weeks. Possibly even going to Orland as well. I am 23 and will be bringing my partner along.

What I mainly want to ask is, who has been to Miami? and what sort of things are there to do? maybe even Florida? has anyone been on Oasis Of The Sea? Also wanting to get a rough idea on how much it would roughly cost, obviously depends on what I want to do.

sorry for being so vague and thanks for any information at all.

Jamie

Edited: 06 June 2013, 00:56
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami/Flordia End Of Year Trip?

also would like some recommendations on some good hotels etc

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami/Flordia End Of Year Trip?

how long also is the trip from Miami to Orlando?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami/Flordia End Of Year Trip?

Anyone ? Haha

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,628 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami/Flordia End Of Year Trip?

Jamie, Welcome to Trip advisor. I'm sure others will wake up soon and post some answers for you. You might want to do some research on the forums for Miami and Orlando and then post some of your questions there. You should also look at the NBA schedules for Miami and Orlando so you can time your visit when there is a home game.

It is about a 4 hour drive from Orlando to Miami via the Turnpike which is a toll road. There are many posts on which rental car company to use as some charge outrageous rates for the Sunpass which allows you to cruise thru the toll areas without stopping each time. You don't have to get it but some rental car companies will automatically try to add it on. If going to the Keys you will have to have one or avoid the toll road completly as there are cashless tolls in some areas of Miami which means you can only go thru with a Sunpass or they will fine you.

There is another forum for cruises. Visit TA's sister site www.cruisecritic.com for info. Miami is a very large city, South Beach is the most popular area of Miami and where many people want to stay as you wont need a car during that time. You can walk to many clubs, shops and restaurants and there is decent public transport there unlike the rest of Florida, except Orlando. You can visit the Everglades f rom Miami but the Keys are a bit of a drive, if you decide you want to go there you may want to spend at least 2-3 nites to make it worth the drive. Research the Florida Keys and Key West forums for info on things to see & do there.

Hope this helps a little.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Miami/Flordia End Of Year Trip?

thank you so much your reply and information was very much appreciated

6. Re: Miami/Flordia End Of Year Trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 06:17