We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach

Clemson, South...
10 posts
Save Topic
Beach

Looking for a beach with a small town atmosphere, bike riding and/or golf cart to get around, fun for teenagers o:

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach

If you're driving then the Destin/Ft. Walton area will suit your needs ... not sure about the golf cart to get around though.

If you're flying in to somewhere, then Siesta Key or Ft. Myers Beach should be ok.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach

What time of year? You could stay right in SC during the warmer weather. Myrtle Beach is a popular spot for teens. During the winter months, you will have to go south into Central or South Florida.

If the atmosphere is too small-town, it might not have enough to keep teens engaged. Amelia Island, Florida is on the Atlantic Ocean, with waves to jump or boogie board in, right near the Georgia border. Farther south, you will find Daytona Beach and Cocoa Beach -- the latter has lots of surfers and activities for younger people, yet is less densely developed. It is an hour or less from Orlando, so day trips are easy.

As for golf carts, I've seen those used at Hilton Head, but I'm not sure of they are privately-owned or rented. In Cocoa Beach, you can rent Segways or the little "scoot coupes" (which are similar to golf carts and can be rented from several locations; Orlando's I-Drive Scooters has a second location in Cocoa Beach, and also see cocoabeach4less.com/featured/… ), so I'd think other cities might have similar places. I really don't see golf carts used much, other than for shuttling people around at local resorts. There are many places that rent bicycles by the hour, day, or week; the sand makes it possible to also ride on the beach if you have wide tires.

Edited: 02 July 2013, 13:39
Clemson, South...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach

Thanks (: We will be driving from SC

Clemson, South...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach

Thanks (:

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,360 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach

Beaches suitable for bicycles are at Jacksonville Beaches, St. Augustine, Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, New Smyrna Beach, and I think Cocoa Beach.

Golf carts for local transportation are a rarity on the Atlantic coast. Perhaps the Hammock Dunes resort north of Flagler Beach. They are occasionally on the streets beachside in Vero Beach, but I don't know of any rentals. (I wonder about Ponte Vedra and St. Augustine Beach).

6. Re: Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 07:17