We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jan 2014

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jan 2014

Hi, I have just booked a package holiday with Virgin, flight - car - villa for a family of 6 but I have a few questions or I am looking for people's exp. Firstly it does not state how much deposit you have to leave for the hire car with Alamo so does anybody have a clue? Secondly, as we are in a standard villa that is AOA I have been searching forums for advice on these and so far I have only found bad reports about the state of some of the villa's - does anybody have a positive exp they can share with me? Idea's on location? Also, do you know what deposit you have to leave for the villa aswell? Has anyone been last week of Jan first week of Feb, if so, what sort of weather should we expect? I'm actually quite nervous about it now rather than looking forward to it. I must point out that I have emailed Virgin and Contempo and I am awaiting a reply but would appreciate any genuine replies :-) This is our second time but the others in our party have been several times - the 1st time we stayed at Calabay Park in Oct and that was amazing. TY

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,703 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jan 2014

You posted in the general Florida forum. What city/town is the villa in - post in that forum.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,628 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jan 2014

Weather is usually cool at that time of year. We have fluctating temps. It could be 80 during the day and drop to 40 at night. It we have an actual cold front then we stay about 50 to 60 days and 40's at night. Occaisional 30's but it does not stay that low for long. Orlando will be about those temps. Anything further north a little colder, further south a little warmer. Dress in layers and you will still need sunscreen as even tho it's cold the sun still burns you.

As ahhah said, for villa answers post on the forum where you intend to visit.

3. Re: Jan 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:22