We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning next years trip

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
planning next years trip

starting to plan research a fly drive ( from UK) to florida next nov 2014. I know its a longt way off

so any advice welcome.

Not interested in the Disney thing, did that with the kids. So far I am thinking --

Drive to west coast and maybe 4 nights Naples area - is this a doable distance, if so any

suggestions appreciated, prefer self catering /pool free parking, mid range .

Stop off Everglades , maybe but OH has serious reaction to insect bites ( epipen at all times)

not convinced about this.

Florida keys with maybe 3-4 nights in key largo. then Key west , finally mid Keys somewhere

before drive back to airport, not sure if I have the distances correct to make this a stress

free drive timetable.

Thanks for any suggestions

we like snorkelling, chilling out, we are both PADI, not interested in shopping, just soaking up ambiance .

Fun 2 Dive Manatee Tours
Private Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Dolphin and Snorkel Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Boat Tours
A Family Fun Boat Tour Company
Eco Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Dolphin Watch
Kayaking & Canoeing, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning next years trip

If you want to scuba dive, the Keys are a lovely destination. Check out John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. This is the nations first underwater state park and an excellent diving destination. http://pennekamp.com/

There are mangrove trees along the shoreline of the park. I am not much affected by insects so I have no idea how any insects in the area would affect your husband - just thought I'd mention this so you can check it out.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning next years trip

thanks for that. really would like more advice on how to split trip up . I believe Key west is the most expensive , would 3 nights be enough.

Any reasonably priced accom' with kitchenette pool and free parking that are recommended , Key Largo, middle keys somewhere and then Key west??

Not interested in buzzy shopping areas . quiet beach access , water views , wildlife etc..

3. Re: planning next years trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 07:19
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor