We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida trip in December 2013

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Florida trip in December 2013

Hello all,

Planning a trip with my husband and my 2 year old daughter leaving from South Dakota to Florida for 10 days ((Dec. 15th to Dec 27th).

Dec. 15-19- Orlando (hotel: not sure yet)

• one day at Magic Kingdom

• One day at the Outlet

• kennedy space center (??? Not sure)

Dec 19-20- Tampa (Hotel: not sure)

Dec 20-23- Sanibel (hotel:West Wind Inn, Sanibel)

Dec 23-24- Key West (hotel: Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West)

Dec 24- 26- Hobe sound (Friend's house for Christmas eve)

Dec 26-27 Orlando (hotel: Best Western Airport Inn, Orlando)- (Flying back home)

Is this too much? We love driving, but with a 2 year old girl might be too tiring?

Need some suggestions...are these good hotels? What places to visit would you suggest...

We love beaches and animals…

Thank you for your help in advance!!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,738 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida trip in December 2013

Some legs of your trip are a minimum six hour drive without stops or traffic. Id reconsider parts of it and build in a little less moving around. FYI that time of the year is a VERY busy time, book stuff sooner rather than later...

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,249 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida trip in December 2013

Key West will be busy, as suggested you will want to book soon. From Sanibel you have a 6 to 7 hour drive without much time to look at things along the way. I would try to add an extra day to this part of the trip. and spend one night in the middle keys.

What do you want to do in Tampa? Might want to skip this and head straight to Sanibel.

Brookings, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida trip in December 2013

Thanks for the advice!!! We will probably make some changes....I believe we will add one night in the middle keys...

Thanks again!

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida trip in December 2013

Thanks for the advice!!! We will probably make some changes....I believe we will add one night in the middle keys...

Thanks again!

Edited: 21 October 2013, 19:39
5. Re: Florida trip in December 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 07:19