We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Florida (USA)

Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Topic
Driving in Florida (USA)

I am planning for a trip to Florida ( Miami , Orlando ) during December and wanted to know from your experience how is the driving in Florida ? Is is very rush and difficult to drive place ? I am from WA and have been driving here for last 3 years but never did driving in any other place in USA. Should I plan to take a rental car ? Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,242 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in Florida (USA)

You can get around Orlando and Miami without a rental car for many things, depending on where you stay. However if you want to come and go as you please and have the capablity to go places without waiting on buses, changing buses, etc you will want a car. Make sure you rent one with GPS and a Sunpass transponder. There are toll roads and some of them (only in Miami) are unmanned and you have to have a transponder or pay a higher fee to pass thru.

You should look at mapquest or google maps and familiarize yourself with the main roads you may be traveling. If you do have a car be prepared to pay to park, especially in Miami but also at all theme parks in Orlando. It can be rushed in Miami more so than Orlando as they have more freeways and can be confusing. It helps if you have someone with you to help watch for road signs and traffic.

2. Re: Driving in Florida (USA)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 04:19