We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taking teen girls to florida---fly to orl, ft. laud, tampa?

Littleton, CO
Level Contributor
266 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
taking teen girls to florida---fly to orl, ft. laud, tampa?

Next March 2014 I am taking teen girls to Florida and only thing on list is Harry Potter which I think is at Universal. Thinking of flying to either tampa bay or ft. Lauderdale to do the beach thing in between. Any recommendations? Any good universities to look at while we are there? Or should I just go to Orlanda and plan from there?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,923 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taking teen girls to florida---fly to orl, ft. laud, tampa?

Tampa is much closer to Orlando than Ft Lauderdale, both have very good beaches though Ft Lauderdale might be a bit warmer in March. Too many Universities to list, thats entirely your call.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taking teen girls to florida---fly to orl, ft. laud, tampa?

Clearwater Beach and St Pete Beach are only two hours from Orlando and about 30-45 minutes from the Tampa airport. Ft Lauderdale is around 3.5 hours from Orlando. There are numerous universities including a monster (UCF) in Orlando and another monster (UF) about 100 miles to the north in Gainesville..

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,387 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taking teen girls to florida---fly to orl, ft. laud, tampa?

UCF and Valencia College in Orlando are both good schools. Tampa has University of Tampa and University of Southwest Florida. I think Southwest is where one of my friends daughters went and really loved it there. If they are more engineering minded FIT (Florida Institute of Technology) is located here in Melbourne. I would spend a couple of days in Orlando and a couple of days in Clearwater, visiting Tampa from there. Busch Gardens is located in Tampa and has great coasters if that what they like. UF and Florida State and University of North Florida are 3 more good schools, but none located near where you will be visiting.

4. Re: taking teen girls to florida---fly to orl, ft. laud, tampa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:18