We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Hotel/Venue large enough for 1,500 People on the Gulf

Tampa, Florida...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need Hotel/Venue large enough for 1,500 People on the Gulf

If anybody has any suggestions it would be great. I need a venue that is "Beachside" that can hold around 1,000 or more guests. Hotels have to be close in the area and would prefer it to be from Tampa, Fl all the way down to the keys if possible. Any suggestion please place them here or get back to me at armorentertainment@yahoo.com

Thanks Everyone!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,881 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Hotel/Venue large enough for 1,500 People on the Gulf

Winn,

I think you really need to be working with a convention planner or a person on the CVB (Convention and Visitors Bureau) of the city where you want to meet.

I would also advise against posting your email address in such a public way. It's a good way to meet lots of spammers in the weeks to come. It's much safer to ask people to send you a personal message (PM) via this your profile on web site.

Tampa, Florida...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Hotel/Venue large enough for 1,500 People on the Gulf

Actually I thought about the planner idea, But I also hold some folks here recommendations very high & also would like to know from people here since Fl is a popular destination if others have had good or bad experiences they would have first hand information. In my opinion it beats working with someone that I do not know and may steer me in the wrong direction because he or she may have a personal thing for a certain venue. As far as my email, It's my private my real work @ email is never given out. I use this for this kind of stuff and then my security catches most.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Hotel/Venue large enough for 1,500 People on the Gulf

I second the suggestion of using the local convention and tourist bureau. You don't need to worry about bias as they would be looking for the correct sort of venue based on your dates. They are the ones that would be able to direct you to a location large enough for that size group.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,199 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Hotel/Venue large enough for 1,500 People on the Gulf

Besides the convention center also check out the Sun dome at USF or see if they have a convention area that would work for you. Most hotel convention rooms only hold about 500 max unless you get over to Orlando and the Disney hotels or over to Miami, they would have some that would work Nothing in the keys and beaches are not great in the keys. The convention center is not beachside but is water front on the bay. The Sun dome is inland.

5. Re: Need Hotel/Venue large enough for 1,500 People on the Gulf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:19