We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

british airways

Northampton, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
british airways

hi

i am planing to go florida this year. i been with virgin airlines with family last year it was good. i just want to how is british airways world traveller economy class, because i never been with british airways before so if anyone can help me it will be really heplful. how is there service in flight and how good is food nd entertaintment.

thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,778 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: british airways

Try the orlando forum, and do a search using British airways or BA. As this has been discusses fully there, and I presume you are going to Orlando anyway? Although BA do fly direct to Miami too.

I have flown them many times, and they are very good esp re entertainment. Food is dire no matter which airline you use.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,178 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: british airways

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

see the link above, try and repost there for better info

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
220 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: british airways

Although we've had our issues with BA in the past I still think overall they are one of the best airlines in the world. On the whole they have good staff, good in-flight entertainment and good food for what you pay. I realise there are better airlines flying to the middle east and Asia but personally I don't think you can beat ba for flying to the states. They fly into Tampa as well as miami and Orlando.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,417 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: british airways

Agree with objets. This is an Air Travel forum question!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: british airways

We are fairly regularly fliers with BA and will stay with them unless we find prices cheaper else where. Food, is pretty grim no matter what airline - I always take my own food and snacks anyway. The entertainment is really good though with great movie choices and the service overall found one of the best. They do only come around with the alcohol trolly maybe once, but if you nip up the the galley, they are pretty generous...

Economy seats are fairly standard, depends how much room/tall you are... You could prebook exit seats at a cost of £50 pp each way.. Or if you hang on till 24 hours before you fly, they are free.. Just depends if they are still available though.

Happy planning!

Oh as a matter of interest - I never go on the air forum so would have missed this question.

Edited: 02 January 2014, 17:13
Northampton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: british airways

thanks everyone.....

Northampton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: british airways

can anyone tell me whts include in kids meal..thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,778 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: british airways

Can you go to the airline or Orlando forum as asked?

for what it is worth, the kids meals are the same most airlines, sausages/beans or pasta, packet of crisps, juice box, some sort of chocolate bar etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: british airways

May be too late for you, but... We have flown to the states from the uk lots and lots of times, and by a LNG stretch BA has been the worst experience, we have flown with them 2 return trips this year, 3 of the 4 flights were delayed, 1 by 7 hours, 1 by 4 hours, staff were unapologetic and arrogant, food was not good, nearly frozen croissants, uninterested service, on the 7 hour delay, problem with plane, will be fixed, then replacement plane, ok, these things happen, but then sent to gate, further delay because plane not catered and this had to come from off site, them they decide air crew out of flying time, had to wait for another crew to be bussed in, then they decide once we are on the plane, that the cabin crew also ut of time and need replacing, then finally not enough fuel on the plane and have to wait while plane fuelled, at best poor organisation and management, at worst misleading customers, would not fly BA if another choice

10. Re: british airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2015, 06:16