We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Calm Water Beach in South Florida ro rent a House?

Gloucester Point, VA
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Topic
Best Calm Water Beach in South Florida ro rent a House?

We are looking to rent a house for 10 in May 2014 for my son's graduation. We would like a calm blue water, pretty sand beach nearby. Graduation is in Miami so 2-3 hours would be OK. Any ideas?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Calm Water Beach in South Florida ro rent a House?

well my first idea is a house rental for this march will see you scrambling as many/most should already be rented. March is peak season, and unlike hotels they are rented months in advance. I am currently taking inquiries for march 2015.

So calm waters means gulf coast or keys. And beach means gulf coast (as beaches are not common in the keys).

So, look in Naples, marco, Bonita beach, Sanibel and Captiva. Ft Myers beach too. If Gasparilla island/Boca grande or Manasota key aren't too far, try them as well.

If the beach means you don't mind driving to one, or having a very small or even man made one, then do look at the keys.

Look on VRBO for availability/prices but if you find a place you want to choose, at this late date you are looking for cancellations so do call local realtors.

Edited: 01 February 2014, 19:15
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Calm Water Beach in South Florida ro rent a House?

MAY amanx, May!!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Calm Water Beach in South Florida ro rent a House?

thanks Carmela, I have a cold lol and my eyes are watering.

Still, my house is full for may so I'd get on with looking for the area of the ones above that you like best as it is still short notice. the good news is May is less popular than Feb-march so you will find something nice.

4. Re: Best Calm Water Beach in South Florida ro rent a House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:18