We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Orlando to Jupiter, where to stop?

Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Topic
Drive from Orlando to Jupiter, where to stop?

My husband and I are visiting the WPB area for the first time this weekend, staying in Jupiter. We'll be visiting family in Orlando on Sunday, and would like a great place to stop on the way back to our hotel that evening. We love food and drink at different price points and charming, walkable beach towns with great little shops or boardwalks to people-watch. Any recommendations? I see Vero, Melbourne, and Coco beaches are along that strip. Any of these a worthwhile stop for the afternoon/evening hours? Not interested in anything that's going to be too packed. Something like Rehoboth Beach, Delaware would be a good reference point. Thank you!!!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive from Orlando to Jupiter, where to stop?

Cocoa Beach would be an excellent stop if you are taking A1A. Otherwise, the Turnpike is the shorter route and a stop is not really necessary. (It is also the less scenic route.) Vero Beach is also a good stop and somewhat less out of the way.

Fort Pierce, FL
Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive from Orlando to Jupiter, where to stop?

Vero Beach has great shoppes. Kemps Shoes, Twigs and many more. Eat at Ocean Grill. You won't be disappointed.

Fort Pierce, FL
Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive from Orlando to Jupiter, where to stop?

Vero Beach has great shoppes. Kemps Shoes, Twigs and many more. Eat at Ocean Grill. You won't be disappointed.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive from Orlando to Jupiter, where to stop?

I have never been to Delaware, so I have no idea of what you are talking about there. The old, downtown area of Melbourne is cool. It is on the other side of the bridge from the ocean. I have had dinner at Ichabod's on the marina, and that was good.

If you want somewhere on the ocean, look at Coconuts on Cocoa Beach (park at the meters a block over), but it might be a little busy in there. Or, look at the Bikini Bar in Melbourne Beach.

It has been a few years since I have been to the A1A and Hwy 60 area of Vero. I do remember liking that area too. I remember it being pretty quiet.

Edited: 11 February 2014, 12:44
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,043 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive from Orlando to Jupiter, where to stop?

Melbourne has a boardwalk but not many shops near it. A few on 5th Ave, the rest are as stated just across the causeway in Old Downtown Melbourne. Quite a few restaurants there. It sounds like you might be here in the evening and not many shops stay open past about 6 PM, I think it will be the same in Vero Beach. (I used to shops at Kemps a lot many years ago. Expensive but good shoes). Vero Beach has 3 main beach areas, Humiston Beach has a small boardwalk and is near the shops mentioned. Ocean Grill is right on the ocean and is good, Riverside Cafe is also popular.

Cocoa Beach would be the furthest north, depending on where you are coming from in Orlando, you can take the Beachline across to Port Canaveral, several restaurants at the port then head south to CB. A few shops along A1A and Cocoa Village is also nice with some little shops and restaurants, just across the causeway.

Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Drive from Orlando to Jupiter, where to stop?

Great replies, thank you all!

7. Re: Drive from Orlando to Jupiter, where to stop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:30