We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional looking towns to visit please ...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional looking towns to visit please ...

Hi all, can anyone suggest anywhere to visit on our days away from the parks that has a more relaxed traditional feel to it.

I am travelling with my daughter and my mum, so will be doing the parks for you know who ... and then I would like to find some places to visit for mum so that they both get something out of the time away.

I have read on here (i think) comments about Winter Park ??? Is it worth a trip from International Drive where we are staying ?? By the way - I am not hiring a car as never driven abroad before and figured Florida wasn't the place to start !! So we will be on the Lynx bus mainly.

Grateful for any suggestions please !

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,723 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional looking towns to visit please ...

Winter Park is likely the only one you will get to on Lynx. There is a route planner on the Lynx web site. The area that you will want will be on Park Avenue north of Rollins College. Use the Satellite view of Google Maps to see if that is what you have in mind.

I can think of at least two or three others, but you need a car to get to those.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,217 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional looking towns to visit please ...

Florida does not have good public transportation. The Lynx buses are for Orlando and some nearby areas only. Most things are spread out, especially reaching places that are more traditional. There are winery tours ( I think its the Lake Ridge Winery) that might be fun. I know my motherinlaw did this one and enjoyed it. You might check with your hotel for info or google it. You might also check to see if there is a tour to Mount Dora which is a popular small artists town.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,723 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional looking towns to visit please ...

Mt Dora was going to be next on my list, but I don't think Lynx goes into Lake County.

The Lakeridge Winery is correct, and they also have special events once in a while. It is also in Lake County, and I don't think it is served by bus.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional looking towns to visit please ...

Ahh thanks for your help. I will have a good look on google to see if I can find out more information. We are travelling for my mums 60th birthday and whilst the main attraction wil be the disney aspect for my 6 yr old, i wanted to be able to offer something more relaxed for mum on a couple of the days as a surpirse. I will keep searching !!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,646 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traditional looking towns to visit please ...

You might be able to get places like Leu gardens via lynx, check Scans bus post.

Otherwise, choose a good resort where your Mum can relax right there- or even more fun, take her on a tour of the Deluxe disney resorts with a meal via boat, monorail and bus.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,723 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traditional looking towns to visit please ...

I believe there are tour companies that do day trips to Clearwater Beach too. I would rather drive and pick my own spot, but if you don't drive, that could be an option too.

If you use Google, see if it will let you zoom to "street view". It will be like you are actually standing on the street.

Edited: 19 March 2014, 12:24
7. Re: Traditional looking towns to visit please ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 06:24