We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples

Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Naples

Arriving in August and considering two hotels, Best Western and Bellasara. Both seem to get decent reviews although the Best Western is slightly cheaper for the room type we want.

Anyway are there any locals or recent visitors out there who can advise which one is best positioned for walking to restaurants and bars. I've read one or two reviews on places to eat but not so many recommending nice places for an older couple (but beautifully preserved) in their 60's to partake a tipple or two.

uk
Level Contributor
376 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples

We are just back from a trip and stayed at La Quinta Downtown for 2 nights. We are from UK so hadn't stayed at their hotels before. A (brisk) 15 min walk takes you into the heart of Downtown and Tin City. Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. La Quinta offers free breakfast, albeit orange juice, cereal, toast, bagels, waffles, tea, coffee etc. All in paper plates so if you want a good sit down breakfast then avoid it but okay to get you started in the morning. We had a room overlooking the front and although the US41 runs along there is hardly any traffic noise and I am a very light sleeper.

uk
Level Contributor
376 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples

Sorry didn't mention Best Western or Bellasera as hadn't looked at these for our stay.

uk
Level Contributor
376 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples

I should read messages properly. We are also in our 60s and enjoy a tipple. La Quinta also has a small outdoor pool.

Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples

Thanks Amarone, for your input, hope you both enjoyed your trip. By the way 60' s is the new 30,s you know, or so I keep telling myself.

If it wasn't for the aches and pains and that old fart I keep catching sight of in shop windows I might actually believe it. ha ha

5. Re: Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:16