We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best rental company

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Best rental company

I would like to rent a car in Miami and drop it off in Orlando. Which is the best rental company you can recommend me???

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,972 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best rental company

Try the miami forum, and look for a company that doesn't charge a drop off fee.

Norway
Level Contributor
494 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best rental company

Hello.

We always rent from AVIS rent a car. We pick it up at Aventura Mall in Aventura , because it is easy to drive out from there. Also can drive around and get to know the car on the big parkinglot there before heading out in the busy Miami traffic!

I dont worry much about the price, and we have never had any problems with the cars we rented from them.

Good luck, and have a great trip!

uk
Level Contributor
369 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best rental company

We always rent via Avis. We picked up car in Fort Lauderdale and returned to Miami Airport. No problems whatsoever. On our return they told us to leave any rubbish in car - however I also left my husband's glasses!!! They must have checked it very quickly as they chased us to return them. Very impressed.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best rental company

Thanks for the info. I will probably take AVIS, since you recommend it. BUT, do I have to book renting a car earlier through the internet, or is it enough, when I just come there and say I want to rent a car??? Will it be cheaper, faster, ...?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,972 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best rental company

Generally cheaper if you book and pay in advance. And if you use a UK or other EU website, look for packages that include the insurance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best rental company

Do I need a special driving license in Florida??? I have a european one.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,972 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best rental company

no, not at this time. If you have an english translation it is helpful but not law at this time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best rental company

won't there be a problem renting a car in Miami, because of the main season and easter and stuff in April?

9. Re: Best rental company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 05:15