We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida Road Trip!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Florida Road Trip!

My boyfriend and I are doing two weeks in Florida from the 18th June and we are looking to do some travelling. We will be spending either the first week doing the theme parks and the second week travelling, or the other way around, depending on planned events in the places we will be visiting.

We are looking to travel to New Orleans over a couple of days, stay a few nights where we need to. Our hotel is in Kissimmee and we would then travel to Tallahassee, then to Panama City, Santa Rosa Beach, Pensacola, Mobile, Gulfport and then New Orleans.

Basically, my questions are, are there any planned events over those two weeks that would be unmissable or worth going to? Are there any famous/amazing restaurants in any of these places? Are there any amazing hotels worth staying a night in?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,902 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida Road Trip!

You might want to post this on the Road Trip Forum?

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,064 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida Road Trip!

Tallahassee is a small town (compared to Orlando, Tampa, etc. ) Other than seeing the capital its more of a college town. Its only a 4 hour drive from Kissimmee. It is interesting to drive thru or have lunch there, and they do have a historical walking tour of the downtown area. IMHO It would not be a destination for an overnight, just a stop along the way. Check out nearby Destin, Appalachicola, and the waterfront towns you mentioned.

As suggested there is a road trip forum that may help but for event info I would post on the individual forums for the areas you are visiting.

3. Re: Florida Road Trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 05:17