We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice quiet beach resort needed.... Help no idea where!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Nice quiet beach resort needed.... Help no idea where!

Hi all, first post. I.m going to Disney fir 4 days with Wife and 9 year old daughter on July 23rd. We then want to go on to a nice quiet(ish) beach resort for 7 days. We were originally looking at Sanibel but although it looks beautiful I think it will be a little to quiet for us in the evenings. I suppose we're looking at somewhere not to corporate/built up but has activity in the evenings.

I'm going in 3 weeks so I need to move fast. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Kent
Level Contributor
7,056 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice quiet beach resort needed.... Help no idea where!

years ago when the kids were small we went gulf side after orlando, stayed at Indian Rocks, just outside st pete's beach, not too quiet but but not mad either, plenty to do in the eves, can be as quiet or lively as you like, lots of DE to give you more advice

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Nottingham
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice quiet beach resort needed.... Help no idea where!

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I'll check that place out. It's funny, I really want somewhere to chill out but I know I'll be bored if it's too quiet! I certainly don't want to be on a huge sprawling beach surrounded by McDonald's and Wendy. I suppose somewhere more classy is what I'm after - as snobby as that sounds I'm a working class chap, just appreciates a bit of quality!

P.S what do you mean by DE?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
McDonald's
McDonald's
689 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Kent
Level Contributor
7,056 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice quiet beach resort needed.... Help no idea where!

DE is destination expert, they really know there stuff, also tho i don't know what it's like in july, as it was years ago we went we've booked clearwater for sept, no kids now, and the pier has stuff going on in the eves, little stalls selling arty stuff, we still have a caricature of the kids when they were 7 and 10.

http://www.clearwaterbeach.com/

http://www.sunsetsatpier60.com/calendar.html

also at indian rocks there's a shopping/ entertainment complex called johns pass, or something like that, thats nice to walk around of an evening and eat

on the right hand side is a list of DE's, you could also ask them

Edited: 06 July 2014, 11:48
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,902 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice quiet beach resort needed.... Help no idea where!

Hi, if you want somewhere nice and quiet I would go for the Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach on Sand Key. We always stay there. The suites are nice and each one has a balcony that overlooks Clearwater Bay. We have often spotted dolphins from our balcony. The hotel is over the road from a very quiet beach and there is a shuttle to take you or you can do the five minute walk.There is also a small County Park next to the beach where you can have nice walk.

If you want direct beach access there is the Sheraton hotel but IMHO the pool area is nowhere near as nice as the one at the Marriott as the pool is very small and overshadowed by a large condo which blocks out the sun. Although the hotel is on the beach, it is still a good few minutes walk to the sea.

I would have a look at both the hotels on Trip Advisor if you are interested.

In the evenings you could drive over to Clearwater Beach (takes a couple of minutes) or eat at one of the two nice restaurants at the "Shoppes on Sand Key".

For good prices for the two hotels, have a look at the Virgin Holidays website. Go to the" Hotel Only" section and put in your dates. They may be fully booked by now but it is worth a try.

Mentioned in this post
Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach
9,982 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
Sand Key Park
Sand Key Park
1,349 Reviews
Clearwater, FL
5. Re: Nice quiet beach resort needed.... Help no idea where!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2015, 05:16