We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems with beach vacation

Dallas, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Problems with beach vacation

What can I do about renting a luxury condo from Southern Vacation Rentals and property is not as advertised. I have sent emails, made phone calls, dropped by rental office to no avail. I spent a large amount of my time trying to get a resolution. We had algae in pool, broken waterfall, broken door to beach, broken gate to pool, were given wrong access codes upon check in.

The condo had stains on furniture, walls, carpet. Kitchen had broken coffee pot, no broom or dust pan, no sponges or washable dish washing rags. This condo is one of the more expensive on the island and advertised as a luxury condo. I do want to add that on Tuesday after a Saturday check in I get a working coffee pot, broom and disposable rags. The rest was not done by time of departure.

The condo was at LaPlaya, unit 1002A, 13555 Sandy Key drive, Perdido Key, Florida.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,796 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problems with beach vacation

If you paid by credit card, use their dispute process.

If you found them thru a website, contact the website.

If you didn't, look elsewhere for remedy, to the local authorities, the police for fraud etc.

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problems with beach vacation

1. I would start by reviewing the property right on the Southern Resorts website. There is a review there with mention of dirty carpets, smoke smell, etc.

2. I would also add to the YELP reviews of the company and how they have thus far handled your situation.

3. I would also agree with Amanx. You need to dispute the charge with your credit card company.

4. This company is also listed with various Chambers of Commerce and the BBB. I would make some calls.

3. Re: Problems with beach vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:16