We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days 2 nights road trip

woodstock, georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
3 days 2 nights road trip

im planning a trip for my bday... just mea nd my husband. any suggestions on where we can drive to from georgia? i live 20 miles north of atlanta..

any suggestions will help!

thanks

Newnan, Georgia
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days 2 nights road trip

I would like to suggest that you come to Newnan which is 20 miles south of Atlanta! You can see the City of Newnan which is noted at "the city of homes", Dunaway Gardens, and Senoia....spend the night in Newnan (Hotels are moderately priced and nice quality)...stop by the Coweta County Visitors Center for information about the area and pick up your brochures or take a look at our website: www.explorecoweta.com...we also Facebook: Explore Coweta County, Georgia! Suggestion for your trip home would be through Carrollton - Villa Rica - Dallas - Acworth and home! Hope this helps!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,423 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days 2 nights road trip

Several ideas for you to think about-

Callaway Gardens, Warm Springs tour

Madison, Milledgeville, Macon to Savannah tour

What are your interests? history, culture, music

When are you doing this trip?

Just let us know and we will be glad to help!

woodstock, georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days 2 nights road trip

thanks...

ive been to savannah and hilton head as well already last month as well as orlando earlier this year. (awesome, btw). im interested in anything.. i guess i want adventure and then relaxation as well... it wont be till the 23rd of september thats why im asking for suggestions..

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
1,217 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days 2 nights road trip

asheville and the blue ridge parkway

Barnesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
819 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days 2 nights road trip

If this is summer trip, I would check out the mountains north of ATL. If you like a small town quiet trip, check out Highlands, NC. My wife and I really love this little town. It is usually at least 10 degrees cooler than ATL. There are many waterfalls within short drive. Lots of hiking opportunities. Also within day drive of Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherokee NC and Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Nantahalla Gorge, etc.

Some really suprisingly fine dining in the area for such a small town. Paolettis is one of the best Italian places I have been in a while. Nick's is pretty good, but it has been a couple years since we were there.

No real nighttime entertainment like clubs, etc. Only thing open after 6pm is an ice cream/candy place (good but pricey--Kirwins) and an Estate Sale auction that is a MUST SEE! The auctioneer is hilarious and it is basically like seeing a floor show act. Really funny and interesting, with good buys on antiques, jewelry etc at times.

There are lots of other curio, jewelry and other up-scalish type shops to check out during the day.

We like the Mountain High Inn. It is not fancy, set up like a motel. But the location is perfect, the prices are more reasonable (although prices are high in Highlands) and the people are nice. Call them directly and work them for a better rate, you can usually get one unless it is too busy.

Check my name link and you will find some posts about this and other areas up that way. Hope this is helpful. If you are looking for more nightlight, check out Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. Email me directly if you have other questions.

6. Re: 3 days 2 nights road trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 07:25