We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macon to Savannah

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Macon to Savannah

Me and my girlfriend are driving from Atlanta to Savannah. We can't leave Atl until 4pm on a thursday, so will be looking to stay in a hotel/motel somewhere after Macon. I have checked some websites like Motel6 but they don't have any motels in between!

So my question! Are ther any? And if so any good motels that can be recomended?

Thanks for the advice!!!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
29,034 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macon to Savannah

We go that way at least once a month and stay just north of Macon at the new Hilton Homewood suites on Bass Rd. It is very affordable and has a nice hot breakfast. It is very close to the open air mall on Riverside Dr. that has lots of restaurants, shops, book store, etc. There is also on Riverside Dr./Arkwright Rd. a little cheaper Sleep inn that is clean and relatively new. It is 2 exits closer to Macon. Hope this helps.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macon to Savannah

The drive from Atlanta to Savannah is only about 4 hours. Why not drive it all the way to savannah? If you are set on stopping for the night there are some hotels in Dublin at highway 441 and i-16. This is about half way. Also at I-16 and the Metter, Ga exit there are a couple of places too. This will put you about an hour from downtown Savannah.

John

3. Re: Macon to Savannah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 06:22