We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to watch the Super Bowl

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to watch the Super Bowl

We will be driving from Canada to Florida. Want to stop somewhere on Super Bowl Sunday to watch the game. Any suggestions on a great sports bar, with a good hotel nearby, not too far from the 95. Love football and don't want to miss the whole experience!!

Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,076 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl

Can you be more specific as to where you'll be? There's a lot of yardage between Canada and Florida.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl

If you think that you will be close to Savannah then post on that forum. The DE's will give your great advice.

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl

Thanks very much for the replies. Kinda playing our trip down by ear, taking 5 days to enjoy the drive down. Hadn't really thought about where to land on Sunday, was waiting to see what kind of suggestions I got.

Savannah would be a good place, we stayed there last year and enjoyed it. As I said, waiting to see what the experts suggest!!

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl

I would head W when I reached Southern NY and get on I 81 at Scranton, PA and take I 81 through VA then I 77 and I 26 SE to I 95. I would not drive on I 95 through NJ, PA and DC. If you have some spare time the drive on I 81 in VA is outstanding.

Charleston, SC would be a good place to stop. Take the coast route when you leave through Beaufort, SC and stop there for lunch or have lunch in Savannah, GA then get back on I 95 going S.

King Street Grille and Mo's are good sports bars in Charleston.

King St. Grille @ 304 King St., Charleston, SC. 843 - 723 - 5464.

http://www.thekingstreetgrille.com/

Mo's Downtown Tavern @ 5 Cumberland Street, Charleston, SC 843 - 577 - 8500.

moestaverns.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-home.cgi…

Loco's and Wild Wings are good sports bars in Savannah, GA. The TV's at WW's are on second floor.

Loco's Grill and Pub @ 301 West Broughton Street, Savannah, GA 912 - 236 - 8711.

http://www.locosgrill.com/

Wild Wing's @ City Market @ 27 Barnard Street, Savannah, GA 912 - 790 - 9464.

wildwingcafe.com/our-locations/savannah-ga.p…

Mentioned in this post
Scranton
Scranton
Pennsylvania
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Beaufort
Beaufort
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl

Thank you so much for the info. Your ideas sound great!!

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
728 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl

It depends on how much you want to experience and when you want to be in Florida. Here are the teams on your route who might be involved in the Super Bowl. Some more likely, some less. Being in the hometown of a Super Bowl contender during that week is wild to say the least. It's all consumming and lots of fun. Depending on when you have to make your plans (you haven't mentioned a date), here are the teams along I95 who may be in the Super Bowl: New England Patriots, NY Jets, NY Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Baltimore Ravens and Atlanta Falcons. (the Falcons being off course alittle). Sorry if I missed one, but It's worth a thought if you are flexible. Other than that, go to any city with a great sports bar and enjoy the game.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl

A good sports bar and fine place to get good fresh food is Red Bone Alley in Florence, SC. Get off I 95 at Exit 160 A at Florence, SC going S and go E on # 20 less than a mile to Red Bone Alley in Florence Mall Shopping Center on Palmetto St. for a RBA Black and Bleu Burger or a Bubba Burger.

Redbone Alley @ 1903 West Palmetto St., Florence, SC 843 - 673 - 0035.

http://www.redbonealley.com/

There's a Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn and Fairfield Inn at Exit 160 A. This would keep you on I 95. Florence, SC is S of NC but N of Charleston, SC.

Hilton Garden Inn @ 2671 Hospitality Boulevard, Florence, SC 843 - 432 - 3001.

…hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml…

Edited: 31 December 2010, 21:54
Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
South Carolina
Charleston
Charleston
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
8. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2011, 06:19