We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bait and Switch at SIXT ATL

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
1 post
147 reviews
Save Topic
Bait and Switch at SIXT ATL

It was my wife's birthday. I wanted to make it special. I could have rented a boring car from Hertz, Avis, or any other rental company for around $100. But I saw that SIXT had Mercedes E Class sedans! I thought, "This will be a special weekend for my wife!" I was willing to pay extra to rent a Mercedes E Class Sedan. Instead, we had to drive a BMW SUV. It was very difficult for us both to get in and out of. The BMW controls are very UN-intuitive. That vehicle is over-engineered. I know, I know, I rented a category, but the website shows a sedan. A Mercedes E Class. Why don't they advertise the BMW, and then surprise the renters with the Mercedes E Class?? I was surprised that I didn't get what I expected, and therefore, was very dissatisfied. I told the folks at the desk that it was my wife's birthday. But they didn't seem to care, although they did say that they were sorry. Bait and Switch. I won't rent from SIXT again.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bait and Switch at SIXT ATL

Agree but why did you rent it anyway. Could have a stang vert from hertz. These BMW Suvs are bone rattling

spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bait and Switch at SIXT ATL

Arriving on the 17 December 2013 from Europe in Atlanta airport I went to pick up the car we rented with Sixt already in October 2013. I asked for all covering insurrances as last year we had a problem with a tire and did not get any assistance as we did not have a special insurrance for that. This year I did not want any suprises and insisted on having all covering insurrances possible! The girl behind the counter did not know very much, I think she was new. She first did not know how to cash with my credit card and when I asked her if the rented car had EVERYTHING insurred she made me pay an extra amount for special coverance of passengers. But " yes, now I had everything insured, no surprises!" Well I had a surprise! One of the tyres got a gab on the side on the 23.12.13, travelling through Texas and I had to renovate the tire and buy a new one as this one could not get repaired! I could not get in contact with Sixt and there was no service point in the neighbourhood. On the 31.12.13 arriving back in Atlanta airport with the car I reported the incident and they made me fill in a form. Back home I contacted Sixt costumer service and send them the invoice of the new tire, documents etc. But what a surprise! They told me I was not insurred for tires!!!!!

So the 310$ that I spend on a new tire I never got back!!!! A voucher for 25$ for renting the next car was all they offered. SO...........watch out when you rent a car in Sixt for they they cover you because if you think you have it all arranged and settled, they tell you later on when something happens ...You are not insurred for everything!! And the staff of Sixt do not know exactly what kind of insurrances they have to sell you!

Very very bad costumer service of Sixt !

3. Re: Bait and Switch at SIXT ATL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 05:19