We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Atlanta 2 nights...Is Marriott Evergreen Worth $

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Atlanta 2 nights...Is Marriott Evergreen Worth $

We are staying 2 nights in Atlanta over my son birthday and my husbands birthday (and the 4th of July). We have Hilton points and can stay at any Hilton property for free. I just don't feel like any of them are special enough for their birthdays. Is the Marriott Evergreen Resort at Stone Mountain worth the money? We are planning to go to Stone Mountain and Six Flags White Water.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,438 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Atlanta 2 nights...Is Marriott Evergreen Worth $

I don't know about the Evergreen. But if you'll be in Atlanta for the 4th, you might think about the Courtyard in downtown Decatur, which is right in the middle of the town's 4th of July celebration and fireworks display.

Not sure of your kid's age, but if he's a Hunger Games fan, the 2nd and 3rd movies were shot in the Marriott Marquis downtown, which he might find cool.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Atlanta 2 nights...Is Marriott Evergreen Worth $

www.visitdecaturga.com

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Atlanta 2 nights...Is Marriott Evergreen Worth $

You don't say your sons age, but some kid friendly/nice hotels in ATL are: Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton Buckhead or the Atlanta one, Westin Buckhead or the Omni at CNN:)

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,818 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Atlanta 2 nights...Is Marriott Evergreen Worth $

"(and the 4th of July)."

If you can get a room at the Courtyard by Marriott, BOOK IT! Decatur has some of the best fireworks in the area, and they will be right outside your door. LOTS of restaurants to choose from too.

There are fireworks at Stone Mountain too but the Inn would be a better location (walk just across the road) than the Evergreen.

Another idea is the JWMarriott at Lenox to see the fireworks there. The JWMarriott is "special enough". By far the nicest of the three I've mentioned.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Atlanta 2 nights...Is Marriott Evergreen Worth $

The Evergreen is nice. Some of its better features are that there are two room suites available, it has a combination indoor/outdoor pool, they have an awesome breakfast buffet (but it is expensive $$$$), and they are usually liberal about check-out times or upgrading you to a nicer room when the hotel is not full (which will not be the case for your holiday weekend).

The bad news is that it is kind of isolated from other tourist areas, with the actual park being what it serves. If you are doing the Laser show/Fireworks at Stone Mtn, it would be a great deal (to not have to battle as much traffic). If you would rather do one of the other fireworks events, I would stay closer to Atlanta as your base hotel, and then go to whitewater and stone mtn as day trips.

6. Re: Staying in Atlanta 2 nights...Is Marriott Evergreen Worth $

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:23