We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenery Hawaii Recomendation

N C
Monterrey
1 post
Save Topic
Scenery Hawaii Recomendation

hello!

I'm a landscape photographer and I would like to know your recommendation about a trip of 10 to 15 days in Hawaii.

I will travel with my husband and we are a bit adventurous, we don't like so much resorts hotels or tours, usually, we like to rent a car and airbnbs or cheap hotels, because we love to go outside all day to explore landscapes and nature... Even I would invest to rent a cabin if it has a great location for pictures...

Obviously, I want to photograph the volcano activity (I guess for this I need a tour), but I would like to know great landscapes we can go in car or walking... Could you please let me know your favorite nature places? Which would be the perfect itinerary for this?

Mentioned in this post
2 replies to this topic
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,402 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenery Hawaii Recomendation

What island(s)? You might want to read the Summary of Each Island, found under Top Questions on this page.

It the moment there is no access to live lava for visitors. (Live lava is strictly on the Big Island.)

Be aware that most Airbnbʻs here are illegal rentals.

Mentioned in this post
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,278 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scenery Hawaii Recomendation

Welcome!

You need to learn more about Hawaii before moving ahead. Each of the major Islands is great to photograph.

Always count your nights, not your days ... and we recommend a bare minimum of 5 nights for Maui, Oahu or Kauai - and of course, more is better! The Big Island would require more nights (and probably changing accommodations) ... but a lot is in limbo right now.

Note that each of the Islands has its own specific Forum - and you'll find a ton of information in those.

For an overview of your options, we generally recommend "Hawaii for Dummies." And good maps!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Reply to: Scenery Hawaii Recomendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted