We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATA and Aloha routes--could another airline buy?

Texas
Level Contributor
821 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
ATA and Aloha routes--could another airline buy?

I'm wondering if another airline could somehow buy the routes ATA and Aloha had and use them to pick up the service? Is it "too late" since they're out of business?

Maybe some knowledgeable airline business person could enlighten us.

Mentioned in this post
Aloha Hawaii Tours
Aloha Hawaii Tours
1,052 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATA and Aloha routes--could another airline buy?

Aloha!

ATA and Aloha were LOSING money.

While I loved the routes they had since I am close to SNA and SAN, I doubt any airline will venture in for a while. With the price of oil and tourism down, I think it will be 2-3 years before any airline MIGHT pick up these routes like SAN(Aloha) and SNA(Aloha). Plus, some of the old markets like SAN and now OAK already have Hawaiian Airlines there, and I doubt anyone will take them on for a while. Hawaiian lost $11 million last quarter.

Bryan Brown

BBrown9825@aol.com

Mentioned in this post
Aloha Hawaii Tours
Aloha Hawaii Tours
1,052 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15,157 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATA and Aloha routes--could another airline buy?

They don't buy routes, they have to transact for "slots and gates" at the airports where they take off and land.

3. Re: ATA and Aloha routes--could another airline buy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 06:20