My girlfriend and I are coming to Hawaii for the first time in late Feb. We are both adventurous travellers in our early 20s.
Our cruise schedule is:
Day Port Arrive Depart
Sun overnight Monday Maui (Kahului)
Thu over night Fri Kauai
In addition to the cruise, we are staying a total of 3 extra nights in Honolulu.
We love the beach, snorkelling and nature. Would be very appreciative on your advice on couple of questions:
1) What hotel in Honolulu? Was thinking one of the Outriggers. We like to be close to the action and price isn't a concern. Your suggestions?
2) Where are the best beaches for snorkelling, etc?
3) Any suggested intinerary for the islands outside of Oahu?
4) I've read some Cruise passengers rent a car at each port. Is this the best idea? Which islands is it best to rent a car for?
5) Where is the best place to a luau?
6) What sight or activity do we not want to miss?
Your advice is really appreciated. I want this to be a really special trip for her. Thinking it's the right time to pop *the* question.