We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms for 5

Washington
Level Contributor
69 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms for 5

Looking for a place to stay that is on Waikiki Beach where a family of 5 only needs to book one room or suite? Do they exist? Condos?

thanks,

kristy

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,133 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms for 5

You'll have to go with a condo. Hotels abide by the fire code, which says no more than 4 to a room.

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
914 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms for 5

Hilton Hawaiian Village is right on Waikiki Beach. My husband is a HHonors Diamond member, and they upgraded us to a very nice room that had a king bed, and queen sofa sleeper with 2 lanais and 2 bathrooms. You can check out my photos of the room and review, which I posted on January 5, 2009. The room was located in the Rainbow tower. I am sure that a family of 5 would be very comfortable in this type of room. Aloha!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,133 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms for 5

Susie, it's not a matter of comfort but of fire codes. It's a safety issue. However, kristy could certainly call HHV and ask.

Edited: 18 February 2010, 22:56
Gulfport, MS
Level Contributor
147 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms for 5

Take a look at Embassy Suites. I am staying there now, and the two bedroom/two bath suites with living/dining area are great. You also get a fantastic breakfast and evening reception included. We are getting ready to check out and head for Maui, but out stay here could not have been better.

5. Re: Rooms for 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 06:17