Received a call from United re: our December flights.
Background: Booked flight through United which included a multi-city - CLE-ORD-LAX-OGG 12/16/2010; 12/23/10 - Inter-island flight: OGG-KOA (Hawaiian Air); 12/29/10 KOA-LAX-CLE (United and Continental). Receive confirmation and tickets on 5/18/10.
The United rep stated that Hawaiian cancelled our reservation for our inter-island flight, which was paid for with our original ticket so someone has the money for this ticket, either United or Hawaiian. He was on hold with the Hawaiian rep and said they could not get us on a flight and stated that it was "sold out". I was on Hawaiian's website, and there were 2 flights non-stop wide open. He put me back on hold, and the Hawaiian Rep said they would take our reservation as a "wait list" and it would take 12 hrs before Hawaiian would confirm it. United offered me 3 options: 1 - Book with Island Air; 2 - call tomorrow 8/22/10 to confirm our reservation with Hawaiian; 3 - refund the difference $273 on our original ticket and let me rebook with Hawaiian.
Just throwing this out there - which option would you take and why? I am very disappointed in Hawaiian Air because if United had not called me, I would not have known that Hawaiian had cancelled our reservations. Nothing like trying to get a flight right before Christmas!.
If you pick option 1, can you please tell me about Island Air? I have no knowledge of this airline and a little anxious about booking with them.
Thank you so much in advance!